HOW-TO: Rachel McAdams’ Sleek Textured Knot at the Oscars by Mark Townsend
When girl-next-door cute and sex-kitten sultry meet tea-with-the-Queen elegant, you have yourself a Rachel McAdams, whose equally exquisite mane makes for a celebrity hairstylist’s dream canvas. The Spotlight starlet dazzled at the Oscars, for which Mark Townsend transformed Rachel’s blonde lob into a glossy, textured updo.
Townsend said, “When I saw the August Getty gown Rachel McAdams was going to wear to the Oscars, I immediately knew that her hair should be up. We both agreed on a clean and sleek look to complement the gorgeous dress.” And we absolutely adore Mane Master Townsend’s demure creation–scroll ahead for his guide to Rachel’s updo.
GET THE LOOK:
- Apply new Dove Regenerative Nourishment Serum-in-Oil to damp hair to nourish strands and seal the cuticle.
- Blow out hair straight with Spornette Porcupine Rounder Brush using Ghd Air™ Hairdryer (Townsend’s fave).
- Once the hair is fully dry, take Ghd Platinum Professional Styler and straighten tresses section by section.
- Section hair into a deep side part. For a glossy, wet look, coat hands with John Masters Organics Rosemary and Peppermint Detangler and pull the hair back into a textured knot.
- Using French hair pins to secure the knot, make an imperfect shape.
- Finish the look by spraying Dove Style+Care Strength & Shine Extra Hold Hairspray all over to set the look and tame flyaways.
Short-haired gals can rock updo’s too, ya know!
Latest posts by Justine Marjan (see all)
- Don’t Get Your Hair Colored Before Reading this First - May 29, 2017
- 5 Budget Friendly Hair DIYs - January 7, 2017
- How to Make 2017 the Year of Great Hair - January 4, 2017