HOW-TO: The 1-Minute Twisted Chignon by Sascha Breuer
Latest posts by Justine Marjan (see all)
- The Secret to French Girl Hair - July 14, 2017
- Don’t Get Your Hair Colored Before Reading this First - May 29, 2017
- 5 Budget Friendly Hair DIYs - January 7, 2017
We know that when it comes to hair styling, natural girls can often be overlooked, but we want you to embrace your natural hair texture and play with fun ways to mix it up. So we teamed with Byrdie and Sascha Breuer to bring you the quickest chignon you will ever do. A few twists here and a few pins there, and viola, you’re good to go. Take a look below and see if you can recreate the style on yourself!
1. Divide your hair into two even sections. (If you’re feeling frizzy, work a few drops of Bumble and bumble’s Hairdresser’s Invisible Oil ($39) through your strands.)
2. Gather a section on one side, and starting just above your ear, begin to roll your hair in.
3. Keep rolling along your hairline, adding more hair as you go.
4. Once you reach the back of your head, tuck any remaining ends into the twist, and secure in place with a couple of bobby pins.
5. Repeat steps two through four on the other side.
6. Finish by pulling out a few pieces for more of a lived-in look. Give the style a little extra staying power with a spritz of Aloxxi’s Working Hairspray ($18), and you’re good to go!
Videographer: Dave Lang @thedavelang
Hair: Sascha Breuer @sascha_breuer
Makeup: Jeffrey Baum @jeffreybaummakeup
Nails: Barbara Warner @barbarawarner
Produced by Clique Studio with Mane Addicts + Byrdie.