HOW-TO: NYFW SS16 Tracy Reese x Bok Hee Ethereal Texture
Tracy Reese’s Spring ’16 show was full of bright personality both on and off the runway. Her collection was loaded with bold, vivid colors and feminine flare and her front row audience included the angelically charming Sarah Jessica Parker. Some of the garments had a see-through transparency, as did the shoe collection that accompanied them which was designed by SJP herself. So it’s no surprise that when it comes to the mane attraction, lead stylist Bok Hee decided to create a hair style that would carry it’s own translucency by way of intricate detail.
Bok Hee brought each girl’s individual flare to light by leaving their hair in it’s natural state. She didn’t overdo the low twisted buns, but she spent more time and attention on the details of creating a see-through frame for the hairstyle to complement the collection. This textured look may been dry, but it brought a whole new level of cool to each look.
GET THE LOOK:
- Use rat tail comb to pull out fine strands around the hairline.
- With small hair pins, take small sections of hair and figure 8 each section in and out of the hair pin, keeping it as close to the scalp as possible.
- Tap each wrapped hair pin with the flat iron to lock it’s new mold into place.
- Keeping the hair at it’s natural part, in it’s natural state, gently pull back to a low ponytail at the nape of the neck.
- Split the ponytail in half and tightly twist, almost like a rope braid, and then use hair pins to secure it to the head in a low bun.
- Unravel hair from pins at the hairline and pull apart with your fingers, locking into place with a touch of hair spray.
While this isn’t a trend we’d expect to see on the red carpet, it has the makings for a great editorial spread! What do you think? Would you try it? Sound off in the comments below!