NYFWM FW16: David Bowie-Inspired Hair at Edmund Ooi by Joey George
Latest posts by Justine Marjan (see all)
- Channel Holly Golightly on Halloween - October 30, 2018
- The Secret to French Girl Hair - July 14, 2017
- Don’t Get Your Hair Colored Before Reading this First - May 29, 2017
Robotic-like steps from models at Edmund Ooi’s show teleported us to 2525, which is exactly where Ooi intended on taking us with his F/W 16 collection.
Graphic tees and luxe fabrics accompanied by chunky footwear and loud-colored gloves spoke to Ooi’s faraway reality.
Mirroring the collection’s futuristic tone were the slicked-back styles and square hairlines that lead hair stylist Joey George created, courtesy of his muse, the late David Bowie. Scroll down for the look’s step-by-step.
GET THE LOOK:
- Saturate hair with Oribe Maximista Thickening Spray. Blow dry away from the face while simultaneously gathering hair at the nape of the neck.
- Flatiron section by section so the hair appears compact and smooth.
- Apply Oribe Rock Hard Gel section by section to give hair a fluid, shiny look.
Images: Rachelle Hacmac of Oribe Hair Care