HOW-TO: Chrissy Teigen’s Sleek High Pony by Jen Atkin
Latest posts by Justine Marjan (see all)
- We’ve Found The Perfect Hairstyle for Every Type of Bride - April 6, 2019
- Channel Holly Golightly on Halloween - October 30, 2018
- The Secret to French Girl Hair - July 14, 2017
Chrissy Teigen was glowing last night on the Grammy red carpet with a snatch ponytail that fulfilled all our snatch pony dreams. Celebrity stylist and Mane Addicts founder Jen Atkin (of course) created the super sleek look. We had a chat with Jen to figure out exactly how she created the look.
“Chrissy wanted a sexy look for the Grammys. We decided on something sleek and chic to compliment her Yousef Al Jasmi dress and a high pony went perfectly with the high neckline of her white dress.”
GET THE LOOK:
- Prep hair with TRESemmé Beauty-Full Volume reverse wash system, applying the Pre-Wash Conditioner, followed by the Beauty-Full Volume Shampoo to get a great base.
- Apply TRESemmé Beauty-Full Volume Hair Maximizer, followed by OUAI Soft Mousse, to damp hair.
- Blow dry hair straight with a large metal round brush and hair dryer. When strands are dry, flat iron straight.
- Apply OUAI Hair Oil and OUAI Finishing Cream to hands before gathering the hair into a high ponytail and securing with a bungee band.
- PRO TIP: To hide the bungee band, wrap section of hair from ponytail around the bungee band and secure with small hair pin.
- Finish with TRESemmé Beauty-Full Volume Flexible Finish Hairspray, misting some on a toothbrush to brush away any flyaways.
- When finished, run more OUAI Hair Oil through the length of the ponytail to smooth.
Get your hands on your own TRESemmé by entering our giveaway here!