HOW-TO: Braided Double Buns and Bourgeois Braids by Laurent Philippon
Latest posts by Nina Aghadjanian (see all)
- Can Purple Hair Color Correct Your Skin Tone? - December 16, 2018
- This Underrated Hair Hack Is a Major Ponytail Game Changer - December 16, 2018
- These Icy Platinum Blonde Color Formulas Will Give You Chills - December 15, 2018
There’s no doubt the bucket bag will remain Mansur Gavriel’s prodigy, but a slouchy suede silhouette in clementine and patent leather sun bag in blush at the designer’s AW16 presentation are serious competitors.
On a beautiful set, still models showcased the cult classic’s latest shoe and bag additions while wearing three different minimalist manes, styled by Bumble and bumble Global Artistic Director, Laurent Philippon.
Keep reading for a full breakdown of Philippon’s big-black-bow-adorned bourgeois braids, braided double buns, and enhanced natural tresses.
GET THE LOOK: BOURGEOIS BRAIDS
- Work roots with Bumble and bumble Surf Spray and rough dry with hands to achieve body and volume.
- Brush hair back and spray hair with Bumble and bumble Dryspun Finish for added grit.
- Create a loose 3-strand outside braid at the back of the head and secure with elastic.
GET THE LOOK: CENTER PART + BRAIDED BUNS
- Saturate hair with Bumble and bumble Prep and Does It All and create a clean center part from the forehead to the back of the head.
- Slick hair into two low ponytails and secure each at the nape of the neck with elastic.
- Braid each pony and wrap into a bun and secure with hair pins. Finish with more Does It All.
GET THE LOOK: ENHANCED NATURAL HAIR
- For the third look, models were styled depending on their hair style and various products were used to enhance natural, short and curly hairstyles.
We say minimalistic manes are always in.