The DIY Dry Shampoo That Will Save Your Oily Scalp
Latest posts by Kelly Leveque (see all)
- 5 Vitamins That Will Make Your Mane Grow Stronger - January 12, 2019
- Try These Easy Smoothie Add-Ons For Healthier Hair - January 2, 2019
- The DIY Dry Shampoo That Will Save Your Oily Scalp - August 4, 2016
Are you oily tresses super sus in the summer and you just can’t deal? While we’re all for waiting a looooong time between washes, sometimes we need something super light and oil absorbing that cat get us through. Our favorite health guru, Kelly LeVeque of Be Well by Kelly spills the beans on her favorite DIY dry shampoo that is easy on the tresses and won’t break the bank, thanks to one simple ingredient: arrowroot powder.
Arrowroot is the new and improved baby powder of the health space and perfect for dry shampoo. Arrowroot is a perennial herb found in rainforests that is often used to soak up an unwanted oily scalp. The herb itself is full of essential vitamins and minerals such as Vitamin A, B-complex, riboflavin and niacin, which makes it great for your mane. A beauty bonus, arrowroot contains calcium chloride that helps to balance the hair’s acidity and restore its natural shine. Of course, dry shampoo is a total lifesaver, but if you’re into DIY-ing ingredients and all natural products, then this homemade dry shampoo is perfect for you.
DIY DRY SHAMPOO INGREDIENTS
- ¼ cup arrowroot powder
- Brunettes: you can add up to 2 tablespoons of cocoa powder to darken the mixture
- 5 drops of an essential oil – rosemary, ginger, and lemon are all great examples. Not sure what oil to use? Think about what’s healthy and safe for your hair – opt for citrus and healing oils like rosemary or ginger to support strong hair
Drop oil into the powder and mix with a spoon until smooth. Gently rub powder onto oily scalp with clean fingertips.
Let us know what you think when you try it out in the comments below or tag us and @bewellbykelly on Instagram so we can see your squeaky clean tresses!