Thakoon’s Wet Bun is Our Fall Hairspo
Latest posts by Justine Marjan (see all)
- Channel Holly Golightly on Halloween - October 30, 2018
- The Secret to French Girl Hair - July 14, 2017
- Don’t Get Your Hair Colored Before Reading this First - May 29, 2017
With a collection full of chic cuts, classic hemlines, and a monochromatic palette, Thakoon’s SS17 show was a minimalist’s dream. Key hairstylist Odile Gilbert gave a nod to the 90’s with a wet supermodel bun with a single strand that layed grazing the face.
“This look is inspired by American fashion magazine covers – a modernized, messy twist on the classic Chignon,” she explains.
GET THE LOOK
- Completely saturate the hair with a spray bottle of water.
- Liberally apply Crème de la Crème all over the hair to create a “wet look.”
- Pull all of the hair back, allowing face-framing pieces of the hair to fall in the front. For those that do not fall naturally, pull out two pieces of hair in the front.
- Next, twist the hair into a messy chignon on the middle to top of the head. Secure with a black elastic and hair pins as necessary.
- Spray Elixir Ultime Bi-Phase Spray Oil all over the hair for added shine and sleekness.
- Finish the look by spritzing Spray-a-Porter all over the hair for added hold.