Here’s How to Give Your Basic Low Ponytail a Fashion Week Makeover
Latest posts by Allison McNamara (see all)
- 10 Redheads to Follow on Instagram For Ginger Inspo - May 17, 2019
- The Only 3 Products Alexa Chung Uses to Achieve Her Perfect Bedhead - May 2, 2019
- 8 Instagram Babe BFFs With the Most Enviable Hair - April 27, 2019
It’s still early at New York Fashion Week, but we’re already noticing a trend–effortless, pulled back hair. Busy girls rejoice! If you’re anything like us, you’re always on the go, and spending 20-30 minutes styling your hair just isn’t going to cut it. Enter: Jason Wu’s natural, low pony tail with a deep side part from his Fall 2017 show. This look is easy, versatile, and doesn’t require a ton of time. Plus, it’s all about enhancing your natural hair texture, so it will work on just about anyone.
Stylist Holli Smith, New York Fashion Week Ambassador for TRESemmé, created the look for Jason Wu’s 10-year anniversary collection. What we love most about this runway is the juxtaposition between the hair and the clothes. Jason Wu’s collection laser-focuses in on evening wear, specifically rich cocktail dresses, sheer gowns, and feminine suiting. The hair, on the other hand, has an effortless, irreverent attitude that makes the entire look more real-girl and less runway. Holli notes, “enhancing your hair’s natural texture will personalize the look, making it unique to you.”
But don’t be fooled–there’s more that goes into this low pony than just pulling your hair back. Take note of the face-framing wisps and the braid-like twist above the pony tail—it’s those small details that make it elevated along with that killer blue mascara by Maybelline. Read the full, step-by-step tutorial below.
GET THE LOOK:
- Start by washing your hair with TRESemmé Botanique Nourish and Replenish Shampoo and Conditioner for smooth and silky hair.
- Apply a small amount of TRES TWO Extra Hold Mousse and evenly distribute throughout hair for control and added texture.
- Divide the hair into four equal sections and blow-dry each making sure to leave the ends in their natural texture.
- Create a deep side part that is not perfect and slightly messy, leaving out a few wisps to frame the face.
- Brush hair back towards the nape of the neck to create a very low ponytail. Spray TRES TWO Freeze Hold Hair Spray before continuing to comb hair back with fingers, minimizing the appearance of perfectly brushed hair.
- With your chin down, secure hair in a very low ponytail with an elastic.
- Finish by blow drying out the ends of the ponytail with hands to elongate.
Follow @Hollismithhead for more #manespiration at #NYFW