How to: Katherine Schwarzenegger’s Signature Modern Hollywood Waves
Latest posts by Allison McNamara (see all)
- How to Go All Coachella Weekend WITHOUT Washing Your Hair - April 11, 2019
- The Only 9 Hair Products You Need For a Weekend Road Trip - April 10, 2019
- Odile Gilbert on the Big Difference Between American and French Girl Hair - April 9, 2019
We’ve got a mega mane crush on Miss Katherine Schwarzenegger! So much so, that we recently tapped the three time author and empowering lifestyle blogger as our latest Mane Ambition. Celebrity hairstylist Eduardo Ponce created the look for the feature–a rift on Katherine’s signature old-meets-new modern Hollywood waves. Below, Eduardo gives us his step-by-step guide on how to achieve the look, along with all the products you need to create Katherine’s timeless hairstyle on your own.
HOW TO: MODERN HOLLYWOOD WAVES
2. Section hair from the back to the middle.
5. Use the curling iron as a wand and hold horizontally and wrap the hair under. As your wrapping the hair, twist the the hair inward.
6. Release hair from the curling iron, but hold the curl in hands to set the curl for 10-15 seconds. Then tug on the curl lightly.
7. Because the look is structured, make sure you get really clean sections helps get the s-wave shape and makes it more defined.
Tip: Make sure the client isn’t looking down at their phone! Client’s head should always be straight, otherwise you will get a different curl pattern.
8. Repeat over entire head. All curls go in same direction.
11. Finish the style with Bumble and Bumble’s dry oil to add an extra gloss and sheen without weighing the hair down. Tip: Don’t spray too close to the hair, focus more on the ends. To define the curls and tame flyaway around the face, use Mannequin by R+ Co.