This is What Key Stylist Justine Marjan Packs for NYFW
Latest posts by Nina Aghadjanian (see all)
- Try This Celebrity Colorist-Approved DIY Dry Hair Recipe Tonight - February 17, 2019
- Gregory Russell on Becoming Hollywood It Girls’ Right Hand Man - February 16, 2019
- Easy AF Hairstyles to Wear to the Airport - February 15, 2019
We’re officially kicking off the most wonderful time of the year. Nope, not the holidays–New York Fashion Week! P.s. Don’t forget to check our NYFW tab for daily updates. To help us celebrate, celebrity hairstylist Justine Marjan, who’s keying shows with Tresemme this year, is showing us around inside her NYFW hair kit. Keep scrolling to peep the products and tools Justine is packing to primp her models’ manes to runway perfection.
- Tresemme products are my essential wet line kit. The Repair and Protect Pre-Styling Spray is one of my favorites to use before blowdrying. I love the Tresemme Keratin Smooth Serum before blow dries, and the Fresh Start Dry Shampoo is great for volume. I use the Tresemme Hair Gel Extra Hold for wet looks.
- Moroccanoil Luminous Hairspray Strong
- R+Co Aircraft Pomade Mousse
- Rita Hazan Root Concealer Touch-Up Spray
- Oribe Maximista Thickening Spray
- Fat Boy Tough Guy Water Wax– great for sleek looks
- OUAI Matte Pomade
- Leonor Greyl Eclat Naturel Styling Cream
- All the tools I’m packing are GHD. I’m obsessed with their new blush collection. The Gold Styling Iron has rounded edges, making it really easy to do curls and waves, and the GHD Air Pink Blush Hairdryer.
Pro tip: I store all my hot tools in wine cozies because they’re heat protective so they keep them safe from my products.
- Mizutani Scissors
- Sheila Stotts Brush
- YS Park Rat Tail Comb– favorite
- Ricky’s Sectioning Hair Clips– super durable and hold a ton of hair
- Ricky’s No-Crease Lead Clips for setting the hair (buy them at Ricky’s or Frends Beauty)
Pro tip: Use a bead kit from a craft store to store all my bobby pins and elastics I packed tons because I’m keying shows this season and we’re gonna have a bunch of girls.
- I’m taking a pouch full of decorative hair pieces, and ribbon, thread, and wire to weave into the hair. I also have a few Jennifer Behr hair pieces, and these beautiful Epona Valley Headbands which I’m dying for someone to wear to fashion week so DM me with who you think should wear this!
- The Hair Shop Hair Extensions
- Olly Vitamin Gummies are always in my kit—I take the Undeniable Beauty for health hair and Daily Energy to keep me going.
- Olika Hand Sanitizer Spray keeps hands cleans and wipes product off, perfect for quick cleaning up.
- I pack everything in Tumi Aluminum Suitcase!