Akris SS16 Paris fashion week show was a delight of futuristic, mod, and innovative styles straight from Sweden. The designers created dresses and pantsuits in interesting textiles and played an almost 90’s like homage to the future with goggle-like reflective sunnies and thick, elastic headbands. Key hairstylist Guido Palau created a natural hairstyle adorned with black headbands to complement the modern, minimalistic collection.
“Albert and I talked about the Akris woman and what he likes to see on the runway, which is often quite clean and minimal, and this season, it’s a very easy, light look,” says Guido. “I started by washing the girls’ hair with Redken’s All Soft Shampoo and Conditioner, which gives the hair a very gorgeous, rich texture, and then used Redken’s Wind Blown 05 to add a little bit of lift at the roots and enhance the natural texture. Then I placed the black headbands in the hair to keep it away from the face.”
GET THE LOOK:
- Start with clean hair by washing with All Soft Shampoo and Conditioner.
- Spray Redken One United all-in-one multi-benefit treatment all over damp hair and comb through.
- Blow dry hair straight back using a flat brush.
- Place a black headband in the hair to keep it away from the face.
- Spray Redken wind blown 05 dry finishing spray all over hair, focusing on the roots for added lift and a light, wind blown effect.
What do you think of the return of the wide-set headband? Sound off in the comments below!!