Public School delivered their classic chic, minimalist aesthetic with a hint of bohemian flair at their Spring Summer 2016 presentation. To complement such a sophisticated, strong collection, Aveda Global Artistic Director Allen Ruiz channeled a nomadic sensibility “for a beautiful yet resilient hairstyle.”
The perfect low-maintenance updo for a girl on the go, the Power Braid is the answer for a modern, Fall look. We caught up with the Mane Master himself, who taught us how to achieve this bold style. GET THE LOOK:
- Prep hair with Aveda Pure Abundance Style Prep for volume. Blow dry back into a ponytail direction that will sit just below the center of the head.
- Pull hair into a ponytail and secure tightly with an elastic tie wrapped three times around base of the pony to help set it away from head.
- Using a coin-size amount of Aveda Smooth Infusion Nourishing Style Crème in the palm of the hands, smooth over the pony from elastic to ends.
- Take a small section of hair from under the pony to wrap hair around the base hiding the elastic and secure with pins.
- Divide the ponytail into two even sections. Begin to tightly twist both sections clockwise to the ends while simultaneously twisting the two sections together going counterclockwise. Secure with an elastic at the end.
- With a smaller coin-sized amount of Aveda Smooth Infusion Nourishing Style Crème in hands, gently smooth over rope braid and the sides and top of head to eliminate flyaways.
- To set, spray the style with Aveda Air Control Hair Spray
What do you think of the Power Braid?? Would you rock this fierce look?
Sound off in the comments below!