Kenzo’s spring and summer 2016 collection took us on a high-fashion voyage displaying swimwear-inspired designs that were filled with bold, cultural and contemporary influences. Experimentation with color-blocking, patriotic palettes, and the most INSANE slitted leather thigh-high boots were par for the course at this upbeat show. Creative directors Carol Lim and Humberto Leon speak about their festive theme. “Our Kenzo collection follows the global traveler as she confidently collects an unexpected mix of elements. She nonchalantly translates the souvenirs of her holiday adventures into her day-to-day wardrobe. She always has her swimwear at hand as she might find a place to stop for a dip en route to her next destination.”
We got the scoop from key hairstylist Anthony Turner for Bumble and Bumble on how he created this chic, sleek look. “The inspiration for the look came from how Carol and Humberto infused swimwear into a daywear collection. Ultimately I wanted to create pool hair! Hair that looked as if the model had just emerged from the water” says Anthony. GET THE LOOK:
- Work Bumble and Bumble Gel in sections on top of the head to the ear. Work from the roots to mid-length, leaving out the ends. Continuously combing backwards.
- Braid the ends of the hair and clamp with a flat iron.
- Take the braid out for gentle waves.
- Run Bumble and Bumble Brilliantine throughout the ends for shine and texture.
- Cover the entire hair with a generous layer of Bumble and Bumble Invisible Shine for a reflective, vinyl feel.
Are you into that slick hairstyle? Would you rather rock this look at the bar or on a beach?!
We want to know what YOU think!