It’s no secret that how you dress the first week of school can set the tone for the entire semester. Talk about a lot of pressure!! Whether you’re starting your sophomore year, rushing a sorority, or interviewing for that coveted internship, we rounded up our favorite back-to-school styles for every age so you can spend the week stress-free knowing you’ve got the sexiest strands in class!
High school is undisputedly the opposite of exciting and glamorous, but that doesn’t mean you can’t make the most of it by rocking some seriously sweet hair!
IDEAS WE LOVE
- BOLD COLORS Make sure you’re noticed the first day of school with a bright pop of rainbow color.
- BRAIDS AND MINI TOP KNOTS Oh hello cool girl.
- MARLEY TWISTS Because chances are they’re still going strong from summer.
- NATURAL TEXTURE Because we’ve got you covered for your first week of impressions.
Everyone knows that college is the time to experiment with your style, and your fabulous mane should be no exception! Take your pick from these fearless fashion-forward hairstyles and wave goodbye to Ms. Plain Jane!
IDEAS WE LOVE
- MESSY FISHTAIL BRAID For early AM class, try a messy fishtail braid for an impressive, intricate-looking hairstyle that requires no more effort than your run-of-the-mill pigtails. To complete the look at home, here are the steps you need to study!
- BEDHEAD WAVES When you’re already late and you look like you just rolled out of bed…embrace it!!! Go for classic bedhead waves by complementing your natural texture with a dollop of your fave smoothing cream and, voila! Instant effortless boho waves! We love Davines Curl Moisturizing Mousse for some extra TLC and to help combat pesky frizz and flyaways.
- GORGEOUS CURLS Embrace your inner bombshell and let your hair set on hot rollers before you head out at night. That extra bounce in your hair will make some major heads turn.
- AUBURN HAIR COLOR That’s right, go red! If MK can do it, so you can you.
- FLAT IRON WAVES You may need your dormmate’s help for this one, but with practice, mastering that Cali-girl bend is a piece of cake!
For the young professionals out there, there’s nothing like big bouncy curls to give you that boost of self-confidence, but let’s be honest, sometimes letting your hair down can be distracting. That’s why we love adding fringe or braids to give you style when containing that mane.
- HALF-UP Our compromise to keep your locks sexy and sleek is to meet in the middle with a classic half-up hairstyle! This look will keep the layers out of your eyes, and still allows you to add a touch of glamour to your everyday look.
- THE HALO BRAID For a more elaborate, high fashion hairdo, dare to rock the ethereal halo braid! Customize this look to your personal style by keeping it effortless and loose or leaving out face-framing layers and fringe. Check out our halo braid how-to by Mane Master Jennifer Yepez to achieve this alluring hairstyle.
- FRINGE Instant style for those days when you just can’t even.
- THE LOB Are your studies making it hard to get to that hair appointment? Chop off some of those damaged ends and try a lob for a healthy start to the school year.
Have any hairstyles that are too cool for school?? Let us know in the comments below!