From the Mary Katrantzou and Lanvin catwalk to Gwen Stefani on the red carpet, the big teased and wrapped bun is a statement look not to be missed. Easy to do yet alarmingly eye catching, this look pairs great with a party dress, red lips, or a dramatic eye. Add a hair accessory or headband to glam it up your vibe!
View this post on Instagram
- Use a level comb on the crown of your head to find the highest point.
- Next, smooth and gather hair (with a Mason Pearson) on the crown of the head 1″ higher than the highest point.
- Securely wrap two jumbo hair elastics around ponytail.
- Lift pony straight up from the head and spray with Oribe Dry Texture Spray.
- Use a teasing brush or rattail comb to backcomb the ponytail until you have one huge teased mess.
- Use the smoothing brush to very gently collect the surface hairs and begin wrapping the pony around itself into an oversized bun.
- Secure the bun and continue to use french pins to control any random hairs.
- Mist with Kenra Hairspray to finish.
Looking for something more low key? TRY the low knotted pony.
SHOP BIG MESSY BUN PRODUCTS