Always one to embrace her natural texture, Blackish’s Yara Shahidi slays #manespiration from every angle, and Sunday night’s Emmy’s were no exception. Noël of Noël New York used As I Am products to create Yara’s fun and fresh curly look.
“Yara is such a beautiful young lady and exemplifies class with every word and walk,” she says. “It’s important to keep a youthful look. The dress Yara is wearing is regal with lots of teenager attitude so I wanted to make sure that we landed a style that did not distract, but rather work with her overall look. I was inspired by the movie Belle, very 19th century with an added 21st century glam.”
GET THE LOOK:
- Start with the hair completely drenched and immediately apply a generous amount of As I Am Curling Jelly. Take healthy sections and finger comb the product to ensure sections are equally saturated.
- Make a deep side part while the hair is still wet.
- For added volume, diffuse hair upside down for a short period of time to freeze the curls, then allow for the hair to dry naturally before styling.
- Once 90% dry, begin styling by taking hair from the lesser side of the part and twisting the hair into a roll to the middle of the back of the head. Secure hair with Bobby pins.
- Take gold twine and secure with a Bobby pin at the beginning of the roll. Gently pull twine through the roll a few times creating a swirl like appearance.
- Swoop the remaining hair over to the ear while tucking the hair under to create a short bob, again securing with Bobby pins.
- Pull a few pieces of tendrils throughout the hair to give that perfect not so perfect finish.
- Seal the look with As I Am Cocoshea Spray.