How to Steal Cassadee Pope’s Sleek Braided Part from the Country Music Awards
Latest posts by Justine Marjan (see all)
- How to Get the Exact Hair Color You Want - May 14, 2019
- 7 Vitamins and Minerals Essential for Hair Health - April 30, 2019
- We’ve Found The Perfect Hairstyle for Every Type of Bride - April 6, 2019
Cassadee Pope stole the show at this year’s Country Music Awards with a sleek bun and gorgeous braided part. Leigh Edwards shares how to recreate the look below.
GET THE LOOK:
- Prep hair by applying a small amount of Redken Glow Dry Style Enhancing Blow-Dry Oil from roots to ends to give shine and slip to the hair.
- Create a defined side part with a comb. Establish the desired width and depth of your braid and section this hair out of the way.
- Make an arched parting connecting the your previous section while incorporating the hairline and wrapping to just behind the ear. Section remaining hair out of the way.
- Apply Redken Braid Aid 03 Braid Defining Lotion throughout the reserved hair to prep for the braid. Starting at the top of your part, begin to French braid the hair closely to the scalp. When you reach the front of the hairline, start to slightly curve your braid to mimic the hairline’s natural movement and continue to curve until you reach behind the ear. Secure braid with elastic.
- Parting hair from ear to ear, gather hair into a low ponytail and secure with an elastic.
- Secure end of braid with pins to base of the ponytail. Smooth remaining hair in front sections and wrap around head, securing under the base of the ponytail.
- Be creative with the ends of the ponytail by shaping a bun-like form, but leave the ends slightly flared out and undone.
- Finish the look with a spritz of Redken Triple Take 32 Extreme High-Hold Hairspray.
Is this something you’d rock on the reg? Let us know in the comments below!
SHOP THIS STORY