Hairstylist Rod Ortega played with the classic shape of a high pony for his look on Cassie Ventura at Monday night’s Met Ball. See how he created the look below.
1. Beginning with damp hair, Rod dried the hair using the T3 Featherweight Luxe 2i Dryer ensuring the roots of the hair were completely dry and smooth.
2. Next, he pulled the entire head into a high ponytail and secured it with a bungee elastic band, wrapping a piece of hair around the hair tie to hide it.
3. Once secured, Rod generously back-combed underneath the start of the ponytail to create fullness.
4. Holding the ponytail high in the air, he then brushed the back of it and used the T3 BodyWaver 1.75” Styling Iron to create a slight bend in the ponytail.
5. Then, Rod brushed through the curls in the ponytail and used a small amount of Rene Furterer Styling Vegetal Finishing Spray before starting the braid.
6. Once complete, he then pinched and pinned the hair at the nape of the neck and proceeded to braid until the end of the ponytail securing with an elastic.
7. Rod finished the look with the Rene Furterer Wax Finish at the hairline and nape of the neck.
Be sure to follow @rodortega4hair for more #manespiration.