Chrissy Teigen’s 6 Hair Looks from the Billboard Music Awards by Jen Atkin
Latest posts by Justine Marjan (see all)
- How to Get the Exact Hair Color You Want - May 14, 2019
- 7 Vitamins and Minerals Essential for Hair Health - April 30, 2019
- We’ve Found The Perfect Hairstyle for Every Type of Bride - April 6, 2019
Chrissy Teigen absolutely stunned hosting this year’s Billboard Music Awards. With 6 hair and outfit changes, she showed us exactly how versatile she is with her image. Hairstylist Jen Atkin shared with us how she created each look.
RED CARPET SCULPTED WAVES
- Blowdry hair with an Ibiza boar bristle round brush and GHD blowdryer.
- Create a deep side part over the arch of one eyebrow, then ‘set’ curls with a T3 1 ¼ inch curling iron, misting with Moroccanoil Luminous Hairspray and pinning each curl into place.
- Let curls cool for at least 15-20 minutes, then remove pins and brush through with a Sonia Kashuk boar bristle brush to relax the curls.
- Pull one side behind the ear, then use a KBeautyHair flat iron to relax the curls where needed.
- Finish with Leonor Greyl Eclat Natural to smooth and control frizz.
LOOK 2: MESSY HAIR FLIP
- Use a T3 1/2 inch curling iron on 1 inch sections of hair, leaving ½” ends straight.
- Run a T3 flat iron through random sections to create separation and more natural texture.
- Use a comb to lightly backcomb through sections of hair, creating fullness.
- Flip hair to one side, teasing at the root if needed, then spray with Oribe Dry Texture Spray.
- Run a small amount of Osmo Clay Wax through hands, then rub palms together with hair sandwiched between.
LOOK 3: MIDDLE PART WAVES
- Spray hair with Balmain Dry Shampoo then use a rat tail comb to create a clean center part.
- Create large curls through mid lengths with a Babyliss 1 ½ inch curling iron, leaving at least 2 inches of the ends straight.
- Use a GHD flat iron to smooth top section and to create random separation through ends.
LOOK 4: HIGH TEXTURED PONY
- Spray Sachajuan Ocean Mist through hair, then rough dry with fingers to create piecey texture.
- Separate hair into 2 sections, one in the back and one in the front.
- Gather back section with a Mason Pearson brush securing with hair with an elastic at the base of the pony.
- Combine top section with bottom pony, gathering with your brush and securing with a hair bungee. Pull on either side of the base of the pony to create more fullness and lift.
- Mist pony with Oribe Dry Texture spray then backbrush with a small wooden brush to create fullness.
- Use a toothbrush to create texture around the hairline or mist with R+Co hairspray and use to brush away flyaways.
LOOK 5: TEXTURED SIDE BRAID
- Brush through hair with a Sonia Kashuk paddle brush, then create a deep side part, gathering hair to the opposite side.
- Create a regular 3 strand braid to one side, securing the ends with a BLAX hair elastic.
- Use a 1 ½ inch FHI curling iron to curl any loose hairs and create definition around the front.
- Secure any loose hairs with French hair pins.
- Spray with R+Co Hairspray to finish.
LOOK 6: SLEEK LOW PONY
- Create a clean center part then blowdry strands smooth with an Ibiza boar bristle brush.
- Use a GHD Flat Iron to smooth through the top couple inches of hair from the roots down.
- Separate hair into two sections, one in the front and one in the back.
- Gather back section with a fine tooth comb and Oribe Gold Lust Oil, running extra oil through ends and securing with a Blax hair elastic.
- Use more oil and your comb to gather remaining hair with your pony, securing with another elastic.
- Mist a toothbrush with Moroccanoil Luminous Hairspray use to smooth the hairline and brush away frizz and flyaways.