Chrissy Teigen’s brushed out 70’s waves were a bold and fun change from her signature beachy blonde locks. Hairstylist Jen Atkin breaks down how to recreate her style from last night’s Met Gala, explaining “the look was inspired by 70’s China Art Deco.
If strands are dry, I recommend prepping hair with MarulaOil Rare Oil Treatment and MarulaOil Rare Oil Intensive Masque the night before any big event.”
1. Blowdry hair with the Paul Mitchell Neuro Motion blow dryer and Paul Mitchell Awapuhi Wild Ginger Texturizing Sea Spray with a boar bristle brush, creating a deep side part and volume at the crown and hairline.
2. Use a large bobby pin to wrap hair in a figure 8 pattern then press with the Paul Mitchell Neuro Style Flat Iron rod to create horizontal curls from roots to ends on 1 inch sections of hair.
3. Mist hair withPaul Mitchell Awapuhi Wild Ginger Finishing Spray to set then let strands cool.
4. Remove pins and brush through horizontal sections with a smoothing brush, lightly brushing up through mid lengths for added volume.
5. Use Paul Mitchell Awapuhi Wild Ginger Hydrocream Whip on top and sides to smooth, tucking one side behind the ear.
6. Attach flowers with bobby pins and spray with Paul Mitchell Awapuhi Wild Ginger Finishing Spray.