When in Paris, be flirty and romantic! Ciara embraced her inner French girl with a lovely braided crown, created by celebrity hairstylist and MIZANI’s Global Artistic Director Cesar Ramirez. The R&B songstress attended Paris Fashion Week’s H&M show, looking like a vision straight out of a love story.
“I usually always attend Ciara’s fittings. It helps me get inspired and prepare for the looks we will be doing. When I saw the look at the H&M showroom, I wanted to play off the fun patterns in the dress. I immediately thought something tribal, twisted, dreaded and maybe frizzy would complete her look,” Ramirez explained. Read on to see how this mane master designed Ciara’s look.
GET THE LOOK
- To start, part the hair down the center from front hairline to the crown. Then from the crown down to the neck, create a zigzag part to create an invisible part in the back.
- Start braiding down each side off the part using MIZANI DEFYNE WAX to really detail the braids. Once you start braiding off the head, switch to a fishtail braid.
- Take a separate bundle of loose hair (that matches your hair color) and make a long separate fishtail braid.
- Cross and pin down the two loose ends in the back to sit right above the neck, then pin in the separate fishtail like a headband behind the previous braid.
- Pull on each strand of each braid and lightly spray MIZANI SHYNE Bodifying Sheen Spray for slip – this creates all the loose frizzy texture.
- Finish the look with MIZANI HRM Humidity Resistant Mist for hold.
Would you rock Ciara’s killer style? Sound off in the comments and let us know!