Creatures of the Wind FW16 presentation included waxed leather dresses, geometric-patterned topcoats and strappy, graphic tops—a vision of soft modernism by the Chicago-based designers, Chris Peters and Shane Gabier.
The show’s lead stylist, Anthony Turner for Bumble and bumble, ditched the romantic looks he’s used to creating in past seasons for tougher, androgynous manes. The departure resulted in two hairstyles: tight pigtail braids and a polished bun. “The inspiration [for the braids] was Snoop Dogg – they showed me pictures of Snoop Dogg and I loved his hair,” says Turner.
GET THE LOOK: PIGTAIL BRAIDS
- Create a strong center part and prep hair with Bumble and bumble Dryspun Finish and Bumble and bumble Thickening Full Form Mousse for tension (no flyaway).
- Apply Bumble and bumble Brilliantine on the fingertips for added grip and create a raised cornrow on both sides, starting at the hairline and braiding back behind the ear, securing at the nape with elastic, and finish the braid through the ends (allowing the braid to sit on the shoulders).
- Apply Bumble and bumble Thickening Hairspray as needed to keep the braids clean.
- Finish with Bumble and bumble Classic Hairspray to calm flyaway.
GET THE LOOK: SLEEK BUN
- Prep hair with Bumble and bumble Thickening Full Form Mousse and apply Bumble and bumble Thickening Hairspray at the crown.
- Create a deep-side part at the corner of the brow and blow dry the hair flat, directing roots back and along the hairline.
- Create a tight ponytail and secure at the nape of the neck with elastic.
- Cover the ponytail with a hairnet and shape into a bun and secure with hairpins.
- Finish with Bumble and bumble Hairdresser’s Invisible Oil for added shine and polish and Bumble and bumble Classic Hairspray.
So, which look will you be trying this weekend?!