Diane Kruger showed off her classic Hollywood persona with slick roots and big brushed out curls for last night’s Golden Globes. Her hair stylist, Jen Atkin shared with us the inspiration behind the style and how to recreate the look…
“For Diane’s look we wanted retro glam while keeping the look modern.”
1. “We started by working Moroccanoil Root Boost into the roots and blowdrying with a boar bristle brush.
2. Once the hair was dry I sprayed Moroccanoil Luminous Hairspray (for memory) and curled the front and top of the hair by taking 1” sections and curling with a 1/2” curling iron. I “set” each curl with a 2-prong clip to maintain a strong curl structure.
3. After the front was set I sprayed the back of the hair with more hairspray and curled 1” sections with a 1” curling iron.
4. Next I took out the front curls and used a Moroccanoil Boar Bristle brush to brush out each curl.
5. I then used my Moroccanoil flat iron to smooth the top and lightly backcombed the mid/ends to give an ethereal vibe.
6. I finished with a light mist of Moroccanoil Frizz Control for a veil of shine.”