HOW-TO: Disruptive Texture by César Ramirez
Latest posts by Justine Marjan (see all)
- How to Get the Exact Hair Color You Want - May 14, 2019
- 7 Vitamins and Minerals Essential for Hair Health - April 30, 2019
- We’ve Found The Perfect Hairstyle for Every Type of Bride - April 6, 2019
We know that when it comes to the world of styling natural hair, options can seem limited, so we enlisted natural and textured hair guru and Mizani celebrity artist, César Ramirez to teach us a thing or two. Take a look below to see how he creates the above style he calls Disruptive Texture.
- Cleanse the hair twice with MIZANI True Textures Curl Balance Shampoo and Curl Replenish Masque. Leave the masque on hair for at least 10-15 minutes for added moisture (this is key for this hair type).
- Gently towel blot the hair to dry.
- Apply MIZANI Curl Soft as a leave-in conditioner to mid lengths and ends.
- Starting at the nape of the neck, use a rat tail comb to make 1⁄2 inch to 1 inch partings in “c” shaped sections.
- Evenly disperse MIZANI Perfect Curl through each section before you wrap the Lacer.
- Place the MIZANI Lacer at the base of the section. Divide hair in to 2 sections, and then wrap each subsection around each side of the Lacer from roots to ends.
- Place an end paper at the ends of the hair and secure with a bobby pin.
- Sit under a hooded dryer for 1-1.5 hours depending on hair density, or until completely dry.
- Take the lacer out of the hair by gently uncoiling the hair, and unwrapping each section.
- Using a dime sized amount of MIZANI Rose H20 Conditioning Hairdress emulsified in your hands, put your fingers in at the root and pull the curl out to elongate it. Then, take the spiral and loop it around your finger to define and moisturize each curl.