As far as her hair, global singer/songwriter/badass Ellie Goulding is best known for an edgy/punk look that most other pop artists couldn’t pull off even if they wanted to (case in point here). But the folks at Canada’s Flare Magazine turned that idea on its head for their Summer 2016 cover and transformed Ellie into a stunning 70’s hair icon.
FROM THE STYLIST, JAYSON MEDINA @jaysonhairdos:
“The magazine and stylist wanted to go with a 70’s vibe for this shoot which is totally different from Ellie’s typical edgy, rock vibe. My inspiration for the look came from images of classic 70’s hair icons like Farrah Fawcett and Debbie Harry.
- “I prepped her hair with R+Co One Prep Spray and R+Co Chiffon Styling Mousse.
- I then gave her a beautiful blow dry, making sure to over direct in order to achieve the volume I wanted (think: Farrah Fawcett).
- In order to achieve the drastic center part flip, I used a smaller hairbrush along the hairline, and dried directly down towards her forehead.
- Once I finished the blow out, I set her curls using T3 Hot Rollers.
- When I removed the rollers, I over-directed again to enhance volume.
- After her hair was cool, I brushed it out with a Mason Pearson brush and finished with Outer Space Flexible Hairspray by R+Co.“
SHOP THIS STORY