Emily Blunt’s glowing baby bump faced some fierce competition from her sleek, bejeweled updo. Primped by Laini Reeves, the expecting-mother-in-Michael-Kors’ galactic double ponytail sparkled thanks to the semi-precious pewter and copper jewels Laini incorporated. Naturally obsessed, we had to have the how-to for ourselves–so we tapped the genius behind the seemingly tricky mane masterpiece for details. Here, Laini’s step-by-step guide, including the products she used, to craft Emily’s pristine ponytail.
GET THE LOOK:
- Shampoo and condition the hair with ABBA Pure Performance Moisture Shampoo and Conditioner for healthy shine.
- Apply ABBA Pure Performance Smoothing Blow Dry Lotion to the hair from roots to ends to prep for a sleek up-do and to prevent any fly-aways and frizz.
- Spray ABBA Pure Performance Firm Hold Hairspray on a boar bristle paddle brush and start brushing the hair back.
- Next, take a thin comb and part the hair from just behind the ear up to the sides. Secure the top half ponytail with a small elastic.
- Brush the bottom half of the hair into a low ponytail and secure with a small elastic.
- Take the strand of semi-precious pewter and copper stones and begin tightly wrapping the top ponytail from the base down the end. Once covered, move to the bottom ponytail, connecting the two ponies with the ribbon of hair jewels. Secure the beaded strand with bobby pins (hair accessories was one of the big trends of the night!).
- Spray generously with ABBA Pure Performance Firm Hold Hairspray for extra hold.