With a client roster that includes Bella Hadid, Emily Ratajkowksi, Salma Hayek and a passport full of stamps to the dreamiest destinations across the globe, Jennifer Yepez is living her best life as a traveling celebrity hairstylist. Curious to know what products and tools help Jennifer fashion glamorous hairstyles for the red carpet and glossy covers alike, we asked to take a peek inside her kit. Here she shows us her favorite hair products, brushes, and beyond.
“I travel a lot, so I take all of my bottles and then place them in a bag that I get from the Container Store. It’s a mesh material and waterproof so if things leak, they don’t get everywhere. I have about four bags of products and two large bags of hair, as well as separate suitcases with wigs and hairpieces. I put all of my brushes in a bag, my tools all wrapped and in another bag, a pin box and all of my elastics in another small bag, root sprays in another small bag etc. I have everything very organized and labeled. I try to be as minimal as possible because the bag still gets to be about 70lbs.”
I use Burton bags. They are durable, can fit a lot and always last. Then, for tools and products I go to the Container Store and get smaller bags that I keep my products and tools in.
- Kérastase Ciment Thermique– I love this heat protectant
- Kérastase L’incroyable Lotion and Crème – They are heat protectants and help hold your style in any shape because of their beeswax particles.
- Kérastase Creme Magistrale – I can’t live without this one. It’s a leave in conditioner and it fixes any frizz without being greasy and heavy, and it smells amazing.
- Kérastase Mousse Bouffante – This is the best for volume and hold for your style. I also like to mix this mousse with Kérastase Densimorphose Mousse to help with hair density.
- Kérastase Laque Couture – An amazing strong hold hair spray, but you can also brush it out.
- Mason Pearson Brush – great for ponytails
- T3 Round Brush helps get hair smooth
- Toothbrush for edges and fly-aways
- Teasing brush with natural bristles to smooth hair out
- T3 Hair Dryer – the Cura Lux smooths hair and dries well
- BaByliss Curling Irons – I think they set hair really well
- Harry Josh Pro Tools Flat Iron – I like how it leaves the hair and can do many wave styles with it
- I always have a mannequin head for wigs, hair pieces, and extensions
- Salon in a Bottle Root Touch Up Hair Sprays – to cover roots or make roots on hair
- Toppik Hair Fibers – great for helping hide the scalp depending on the style you’re doing
SHOP THIS STORY