Hearts formed in our eyes when redhead-with-refined-bedhead Florence Welch rolled through the Met in an irresistible iridescent Gucci dress. Ryan Richman, the man behind Florence’s equally irresistible waves, says, “We wanted to keep [Florence’s signature look] alive with a little more structure and shine to go with the dress and theme of the gala.” Ahead, the step-by-step and product breakdown to Florence’s fiery strands, straight from Richman himself.
GET THE LOOK:
- Start with Dove Refresh+Care Detox & Purify Dry Shampoo on unwashed hair to remove oil from roots without leaving visible residue, so the hair is cleansed and purified.
- Using a large boar bristle round brush, blow dry 1″ sections of hair until smooth.
- Using a 1″ flat iron, take small sections of hair and begin moving the flat iron up and down while simultaneously moving the iron down to the ends of the hair to create a tight but natural wave.
- Apply a few pumps of Dove Regenerative Nourishment Serum-in-Oil from mid-shaft to ends to reduce frizz and enhance shine.
- Finally, using a brush, break up the wave to create a soft natural texture before finishing the style with Dove Style+Care & Shine Flexible Hold HairSpray to lock the look into place.