Time is valuable, but so is your hair. Here at Mane Addicts, our essence screams of this mantra, which is why we’re pretty keen believers in killing two birds with one stone (figuratively, of course). So when Justine Marjan, stylist and Editorial Director for Mane Addicts, came up with the idea of applying a mask to double Dutch braids that are both runway-worthy and gym-functional before heading to your workout, we did a happy-hair dance. “That way, you’re getting a deep conditioning treatment while working out,” she says. “Plus, the heat from your workout actually helps the product work deeper into the hair.” Justine’s fav mask to use? Leonor Greyl Masque A L’orchidee. We’re certain you’ll react the same way we did when you watch the how-to video and peep the step-by-step we partnered with Equinox for below.
GET THE LOOK:
- Apply a hair mask to strands then work it through the lengths of the hair.
- Create a clean center part from the front hairline down to the nape of the neck. Clip one side away.
- Take a small section at the front of the unclipped section of hair and begin a backwards three-strand braid.
- Turn the braid into an inside out french braid by adding a small piece of hair each time you loop the hair under.
- Continue adding pieces of hair until all the hair from the section is attached, then finish the three-strand braid all the way to the bottom, securing with an elastic band.
- Repeat on other side.
- Enjoy your workout!
Model: Hanna Paat @hannapaat
Hair: Justine Marjan @justinemarjan
Directed by: Mike Rosenthal @mrmikerosenthal
Art Direction + Styled by: Ashley Heckman @ashleylinnheckman