Squeezing a workout into your hectic sched? Major mish, but high on your list of New Year’s resolutions. Finding the time or energy to touch your post-gym wet locks? Seemingly impossible. Those were our thoughts before our editorial director, Justine Marjan and Furthermore by Equinox, introduced a genius solution: the simple low chignon. No joke, all you need is a couple of minutes and a few bobby pins. Watch the how-to video below and follow Justine’s instructions to get the look, and you’ll be that much closer to sticking to your 2016 workout resolution. A très chic post-gym chignon is just the cherry on top.
- Start on damp or freshly washed hair.
- Use a fine-toothed comb to slick your hair back into a low pony, securing with an elastic band.
- Twist the length of the pony until the very end, securing with another elastic band.
- Loop the twist around, creating a knot, but don’t pull the ends through.
- Use bobby pins to secure the chignon.
Justine’s styling tip for a longer-lasting chignon: Keep the pins closed and use the ridge-side against your head.
Hair: Justine Marjan @justinemarjan
Directed by: Mike Rosenthal @mrmikerosenthal
Art Direction + Styled by: Ashley Heckman