Behind-the-Scenes: Hailey Baldwin’s VMAs Photo Diary
Latest posts by Allison McNamara (see all)
- 15 Iconic 60s Hair Icons - October 5, 2019
- How to Get Lizzie McGuire’s Sunshine Blonde Hair Color - October 1, 2019
- Channel Your Inner Witch With These Apothecary Hair Products - October 1, 2019
Getting an A-list model dolled up for the MTV VMA’s is no easy fete. Between the hair, the makeup, the outfit, the jewels… there are a lot of variables that go into creating “the look.” But somehow, Hailey Baldwin’s glam squad makes it all look effortless. Below, celebrity stylist Florido shares his Hailey Baldwin VMAs photo diary with a few behind-the-scenes photos and a breakdown of the L’Oreal products he used to create her look.
1pm: Glam Squad arrives at the Montage
“We wanted a really sleek sexy look, so we used the L’Oreal Professional Infinium 4 Stronghold Hairspray to keep it smooth all night long,” says Florido.
Florido tells us the vibe was, “a clean and polished Barbie inspired look – classic but defined,” that went perfectly with her jewel encrusted Zuhair Murad Fall 2017 jumpsuit paired with silver hoop earrings and a diamond choker necklace by APM Monaco.
The Finished Look:
How to: Hailey Baldwin’s VMA Look
- On damp hair, spread L’Oreal Professionnel Volume Envy Extra Mousse on roots to the mid shaft of the hair.
- Blowout and set the top of the hair with velcro rollers.
- Take round brush size sections of hair starting from the bottom and work your way up. Each section should be smoothed out with the round brush and cool down in the brush to give the hair body.
- Once all smoothed out, use L’Oreal Professionnel Infinium for Stronghold Hairspray to tame the flyaway, and sprinkled a little bit of L’Oreal Professionnel True Grip, a texturizing powder, to add volume to the swoop.
- VOILA! Bombshell beauty!
Check out Florido’s work on our first ever Mane Male Muse, Cameron Dallas!
SHOP FLORIDO’S VMA’S KIT