This year, after the release of the Suicide Squad movie which starred Jared Leto, Margot Robbie and Cara Delevingne among others, we are predicting to see a lot of costumes revolving around the Joker’s badass, villainous girlfriend – Harley Quinn (played by Robbie). Want in on the action? We don’t blame you. Start with her hair, here’s how;
- Start with dry, straight hair. Massage in some volume powder at your roots to create lift and grip.
- Part your hair down the middle, all the way from your forehead to the back of your neck. Clip one side out of the way.
- Gather one side of your hair into a ponytail section by section, careful to angle the hair on top up and towards where you will secure them (a few inches above and a little behind your ear). Be sure to leave a good size strand at your hairline out like she does.
- Secure tightly with an elastic. Repeat on the other side.
- Curl the lower half of your pigtails with a 1.25 inch curling iron. Before the curl sets, brush through with a boar bristle brush so that the curls look lived it the way Harley’s do. Backcomb your curls slightly to add a little faux frizz and volume.
- The signature of Harley’s look is the blue and reddish/pink dip dye. For a one-night style, try Bumble and Bumble Limited Edition Spraychalk. Use cobalt on one side and blush on the other. While you cover the entire lower half of the pigtails in color, use a piece of paper as a stopper to prevent the colored chalk from getting on your neck and other hair.
- Set the look with a high to medium hold hairspray that will lock in your look for the night without adding crunch or shine.
- Spray some hairspray onto a toothbrush and use it to tame flyaways at your part and neckline.
- To finish, tie blue and red ribbon around your ponytails at the elastic (leaving no dangling ends).
What other halloween costumes are all about the hair? We want to hear from you in the comments below!
SHOP THIS STORY