Without a doubt, Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton halloween costumes will be all the rage this year and their iconic hairdo’s can easily make or break the costume. Celebrity hairstylist and Cricket ambassador, Jet Rhys of Jet Rhys Salon, breaks down exactly how to nail their looks below.
DONALD TRUMP FAUX COMB OVER
- Take the Silkomb Pro-50 to divide the hair at the crown to create a half down / half up style. Clip up the top section away from the rest of the hair.
- Apply a quarter-size amount of ABBA Style Gel into your palm and emulsify with both hands. Distribute throughout the sides and back of hair.
- With the Silkomb Pro-50, comb the bottom section of hair back and secure with bobby pins. Note: if the back of the hair is longer than the bottom of the neck you will need to roll the ends inward until it is gathered at the nape of the neck. Secure with bobby pins.
- Unclip the top section of hair and spritz with MOP C-System Firm Finish Hairspray. Using the Amped Up Teasing Brush, take two inch sections and tease (or back comb) from roots to ends. Repeat this step throughout the top section.
- Using the Centrix Heat Boss Paddle Brush, lightly brush the teased section in an s-shape (brush forwards then push it over to the one side to keep a lot of the teasing in the hair, but this is what gives the bang area the cotton candy effect). Spray the hair generously with hair spray.
- BONUS: spray a temporary hair colored spray throughout. Orange or a gold orange would be the best!
HILLARY CLINTON SLEEK BLOWOUT
- Apply ABBA Style Spray to damp hair.
- Blow dry hair with the Centrix Heat Boss Small Thermal Brush, brushing hair backwards.
- Once dry, start at the bang area on one side and begin taking one inch section. Use the Ultra Smooth Curling Iron and create big curls. Repeat to the other side until entire head is curled.
- With the Centrix Heat Boss Paddle Brush, lightly brush through the hair. Spray generously with MOP C-System Firm Finish Hairspray.
- Take the tail end of the Silkomb Pro-50, separate the ends of the hair to create texture.
- Finish by generously spraying hairspray all over for hold.
What do you think of presidential candidate costumes?! We want to know in the comments below!