Actress (and singer) Hailee Steinfeld turned heads last night at her first Golden Globe Award’s in a stunning Vera Wang gown and simple yet modern chignon. Her hair was done by none other than Mane Master Mark Townsend who said “Because her dress was so feminine and gorgeous, we knew we wanted the hair up. The result; a modern and young take on the classic chignon!” Keep scrolling for the full how-to;
From stylist Mark Townsend:
- I started by applying Dove Curls Defining Mousse to her damp hair generously.
- Then, I blew her out using my Conair Infiniti Pro 3Q Blow Dryerand my Conair Ultra Detangler Round Brush.
- Once her locks were fully dry, I sectioned off the hair at her crown and around her hairline, pinning them up for volume. With the front section pinned up and out of the way, I began to focus on the back. **My trick to keep her hair perfect all night long? I started by spraying my scunci Bobby Pins with Dove Volume and Fullness Dry Shampooso that the pins had even more grip and hold!**
- I then twisted her hair into a chignon bobby pins and sprayed it with tons of Dove Extra Hold Hairspray once I was happy with the shape.
- With the chignon in the back complete, I let the hair at the crown and hairline down. I then lightly teased the hair and generously sprayed Dove Volume and Fullness Dry Shampoo at her crown, before twisting the dropped hair into the chignon, using bobby pins to keep it secure.
- Lastly, a few shots of Dove Hairspray around her hairline and nape of her neck and she was ready to go
Will you try this look? If you ask me, it’s perfect for bridal.
Let us know in the comments! and follow Mark for more inspiration.