HOW-TO: Hannah Davis’s Met Gala 3-Tiered Ponytail By Chad Wood
Latest posts by Nina Aghadjanian (see all)
- The Drugstore Pomade that Will Solve All Your Humidity Hair Woes - August 14, 2019
- 3 Reasons Why Your Client Selfies Don’t Get a Repost - August 13, 2019
- 3 Celebrity Colorist-Approved At-Home Hair Gloss Treatments - August 12, 2019
Holy Hannah Davis! The Sports Illustrated model dazzled brighter than her Cartier ice in a fern green Zuhair Murad number and three-layered ponytail by Chad Wood. “We knew everyone would be doing little buns with accessories sticking out or braids,” said Chad. To keep things clean and sexy, but still interesting, the hunky hair maven gave Hannah a leather thread-adorned updo that, “allowed her to have a hair moment and be different from the rest.” If you missed Chad’s takeover on our Snapchat as he prepped Hannah for the gala, we can’t imagine your FOMO rn. But NBD, because Chad gave us the steps and product deets on Hannah’s triple-threat ponytail—scroll ahead to see.
GET THE LOOK:
- Run mousse and a dime-size of Uberliss Sustainer through damp hair to create a gelled, textured look.
- Blow-dry the hair back using a boar bristle brush to get all of the hair in the same direction.
- Comb the top third of the hair into a high ponytail. Take the second third of hair and tie it into a separate pony. Finally, take the bottom third of hair and put that into its own pony as well (think: a three-layered cake of ponytails).
- Flat iron each ponytail using the Uberliss Flat Iron and seal the mid shafts to ends with the Uberliss RituOil to smoothen and seal the style.
- Add the top pony to the middle pony and the middle pony to the bottom pony to create a single ponytail.
- Wrap hair extensions around the ponytail and seal with hair glue. (Chad had special extensions colored by Tracey Cunningham to match Hannah’s current hair color)
- Seal the complete ponytail with Uberliss RituOil for a polished, shiny finish.
- Wrap a piece of leather around the ponytail to complete the look.