With the release of our Mane Muse Huda Beauty feature, fall is off to a slay-worthy start. Lights, camera, DRAMA. Celebrity hairstylist Chris Appleton transformed the makeup mogul’s mane via two looks—XXL ponytails à la Lady Gaga at the Mugler show in Paris, and a platinum blonde sleek style that Huda’s dreamt of since she was a little girl. “Wigs are so fun to shoot, because there’s no confinement to the hair, and they’re a good way to try out a look before committing to it,” Chris told us. We couldn’t agree more. Want to experience #TheHudaEffect for yourself, no strings attached? Here, Chris breaks down the steps, including the products, to creating our muse’s hairstyles.
How To: XXL Pigtails
- Prep hair with with Color Wow Dream Coat Supernatural Spray to make it really smooth
- Apply Color Wow Pop & Lock for shine
- Add two different color hair extensions from The Hair Shop to make it look more natural
- Wrapped the hair extensions around base of her natural ponytails
- Spray OUAI Soft Hair Spray on a brush then run through the hair to smooth flyaways
How To: Blonde Wig
- Blow dry the hair smooth with Color Wow Coconut Cocktail to reinfoce the bonds and make super shiny
- Apply Oribe Gold Lust Nourishing Hair Oil then flat iron hair in small sections for gloss
- Braid hair as flat as possible
- Apply the wig while anchoring it with wig clips around the hair line
Get more Mane Muse Huda Beauty here.
SHOP THE LOOKS