It’s not everyday we see supermodel Karlie Kloss in a ‘do none other than her signature wavy locks, but this model was definitely not off duty when she dawned a soft and elegant style for December’s People’s Choice Awards. Her hairstylist, Giannandrea Marongiu shared with us how he created her look:
1. “I started with wet hair, applied Macadamia Professional Volumizing Mousse to the whole head and blow dried with a large round brush to create ample top volume.
2. After that I used a 1 inch curling iron and curled the whole head in soft waves.
3. Once the waving was done I used a quarter size of Macadamia Whipped Detailing Cream in my hands and ran it through the whole head backwards to create depth and separation.
4. I used small pins and started to twist the hair into place, twisting and pinning the hair back.
5. Then I braided it all into a low bun and also twisted with the rest of the hair creating a soft romantic shape. The bits of flyways are ok to make it soft and ethereal .
6. Spray into place with control hair spray.”
Be sure to follow Giannandrea on Instagram for more #manespiration.