Country duo Maddie and Tae are known for their gorgeous long blonde locks and catchy cheeky lyrics. The singer/songwriter/musicians needed to make sure their hair was perfect for this year’s 50th Country Music Award’s, so they enlisted hairstylists Tarryn Feldman and Kristen Carbine to turn up their tresses for the big day. Peep how to get the look straight from their stylists below.
TAE’S LONG BRAID
- Starting with damp hair, apply Osis foundation cream and volume foam.
- Using a large round brush, blow dry the hair directing it away from the face.
- After the hair is dry, add dry shampoo for texture.
- Create a triangle at the top of the head and tease. Secure this into a ponytail and begin an inverted fishtail French braid.
- Continue adding hair until you reach the nape of the neck, then finish with a regular 3 strand braid and secure with an elastic.
MADDIE’S SLEEK PONY
- Start with damp hair and rough dry.
- Section out a small pony tail and attach clip in extensions all around the base.
- Add dry shampoo throughout for texture.
- Create a center part, then use a brush to smooth all the fly aways.
- Pull all remaining hair into pony tail and add shine spray to finish.
SHOP THIS STORY