This summer’s Miami Swim Week Frankie’s ‘Summer of Love’ show was a playful array of mixed prints, unusual textures, and 60’s inspired galore. To compliment the designs, key hairstylist Tyler Laswell for Tresemme created the quintessential California girl look; undone, with loads of texture.
To achieve the undone look everything was created with hands or a flat iron for a relaxed texture. “In the 60’s they were natural [with their hair] and didn’t use a curling iron,” says Tyler. “When they were out and about they would put their hair in braids and when they would take it out it would create this awesome undone texture. [With a curling iron], you can spin it a million different ways but it creates a very specific look and we wanted something more relaxed.”
To complete the look, the model’s manes were adorned with groovy flowers by none other than Wildfox’s Kimberley Gordon.
GET THE LOOK
- Split hair into four even sections on the top, bottom, right and left sides of the head.
- Rake TRESemmé TRES Two Climate Protection Mousse through one section at a time, then blow dry using a diffuser to protect against humidity and bring out natural wave.
- Twist each section around itself to create a rope braid, then wrap into a loose bun and secure with bobby pins.
- For added hold and texture, blast each bun with heat from the blow drier.
- Once cooled, release the braids, shake out with fingers and set the look with TRESemmé TRES Two Hairspray.
We will def be sporting this look at our next summer function! Will you? Tag us in your pics and let us know if you do!