Glitzy gowns of rich, vibrant hues transformed the runway at Jenny Packham AW16 into the scene of a decadent 80s soirée. Exposed backs, ruffles, and gem-encrusted pieces made for a dazzling presentation.
The lavish party looks called for a richly-waved section of hair that fell dramatically over the models’ right eye. “Hollywood-retro meets downtown-modern,” is how Aveda stylists Frank Rizzieri and Kevin Ryan explained the hair to us. See how the duo created the breathtaking look, below.
GET THE LOOK:
- Starting on wet hair, create a deep side part on the left side.
- Prep hair with Aveda Thickening Tonic and blow dry hair straight and smooth.
- With hair dry, pull out a 3-inch section of hair from the part on the top right side.
- Lightly mist the section with Aveda Air Control Hair Spray and wrap it around a double-barrel iron (1/2 inch barrel size each), from the top of the part down 4 inches.
- Do this for two more sections deep in the same location. Let the waves cool before loosely combing out to expand wider.
- Light spray hair with Aveda Brilliant Spray-On Shine to set a glossy finish to the hair.
I think we found our next party look! What do you think?