Among variations of the billowy peasant dress and a color-blocked shearling jacket at Ulla Johnson FW16, the pink low-slung overalls and yellow high-neck mustard long sleeve combo shined the brightest—making it the collection’s star ensemble.
The show’s boho vibes were complemented by woven braids, courtesy of lead hairstylist Esther Langham, who topped the looks off with the same tassels models wore around their necks. Scroll ahead now for the steps to this next-level braid.
GET THE LOOK:
- Spray dry hair with water to dampen and apply PHYTO Phytovolume Actif Volumizing Spray throughout.
- Smooth out the hairline using The Beachwaver Co. Coast Pro Ceramic Styling Iron.
- Part the hair to the left and blast with The Beachwaver Co Pro Dry (coming soon to Beauty.com).
- Create a diagonal part through the back of the head, splitting the hair in two.
- French braid the hair along the diagonal, starting at the crown of the head to just behind the ear, and repeat on the opposite side.
- Spray PHYTO Phytolaque Soie Finishing Spray for added texture.
- Gently pin the two braids using bobby pins.
- Finish the look with PHYTO Huile Soyeuse Lightweight Hydrating Oil.
- Embellish with a tassel as seen on the runway.
Images: Erin Baiano for Beauty.com