Musicians, actors, models, famous personalities, and influencers—women from all walks of life inspire us. From hair and makeup to the fashion we wear, celebrities and icons alike are the inspiration. That being said, it comes as no surprise that the signature styles of these 10 women have become cemented in “hairstyle history,” earning them a permanent place in the “Hair Hall of Fame.” Celebrate this Women’s History Month with these 10 iconic hairstyles from 10 powerful women.
1. Billie Eilish’s Neon Green Roots
Though Billi Eilish is no longer sporting the slime green hue, we’ll never forget this iconic celebrity hairstyle.
2. Rihanna’s Angular, Asymmetrical Bob
Rihanna has had a number of iconic hairstyles throughout her career, but this bob has always held a special place in our hearts.
3. Grace Jones’ Super Sharp Flat Top
Grace Jones started a movement with this flat top hairstyle, breaking down gender norms in its wake.
4. Ariana Grande’s Sky-High Party Pony
We couldn’t create this list without including Ariana Grande’s iconic ponytail. It speaks for itself.
5. Brigitte Bardot’s Romantic Bedroom Hair
Years later, we’re still trying to emulate Brigitte Bardot’s beehive hair. She is the blueprint for French girls everywhere.
6. Jennifer Aniston’s Character Crop – “The Rachel”
The Rachel was the cut of the ’90s and ’00s. And it’s even making a comeback, proving Jennifer Aniston never goes out of style.
7. Anna Wintour’s Fashion Forward, Classic Bob & Bangs
Vogue’s Editor-in-Chief has always been our bob-spiration. Always.
8. Tina Turner’s Major ’80s “Big Hair”
Tina Turner did big hair like no other. Before or after a performance, her hair remained teased to the nines.
9. Cher’s Smooth & Swinging ’70s Locks
Those layers. That color. She’s Cher, bitch.
10. Twiggy’s Iconic ’60s Pixie-ish Coiffe
Twigg’s short style will remain the epitome of what a pixie should look like until the end of time.
In need of some more hairspiration? HERE are 18 iconic movie hairstyles we literally can’t stop thinking about!