If you’ve ever admired the red carpet hairstyles of Kerry Washington, Lupita Nyong’o, or Mindy Kaling, you owe the inspiration to Takisha Sturdivant. The celebrity hairstylist, who’s also the founder of TSD Natural Hair Extensions and owner of Takisha Studio, not only boasts an A-list clientele but also the ability to work with every texture and hair type under the sun. To find out her secret hair weapons, we asked her to open up her kit. Keep scrolling to see her must-have hair products, tools, and more.
- I use simple clear packages because I keep everything separate. Plus it always looks so much more pleasing to the eye. The brand is Muji.
- I put everything into my Louis Vuitton travel suit case.
- Oribe Dry Texturizing Spray. I love it because it adds volume and some texture to the hair. More messy equals even more sexy!
- TSD Hair Extensions Clip-Ins add instant length, color, and fullness to your hair. You can have a head full of clip-ins but it’s all about it looking natural for me.
- Aveda Air Control Hair Spray. It’s a great lightweight holding hairspray that adds volume and you can comb through the hair without worrying it will be hard.
- Love my BaByliss Pro Flat Iron. It’s lightweight and smooths out the strands in one stroke.
- Hot Tools Marcel Curling Iron in all sizes. It makes beautiful waves that aren’t tight.
- Dyson Supersonic Hair Dryer. It dries the hair in the time as another blow dryer, it’s also lightweight, and the air flow is amazing.
- I always keep wipes, safety pins and nail polish because a client always asks for it.