With a collection of filled with bucket bags, exotic prints, and creamy tones mixed with a pop of color, Loewe’s PFW SS17 show was a dream come true for the modern jetsetter. Redken Global Creative Director Guido Palau created a look perfect for those mornings when we have no chill. Think slicked back roots and dry, textured ends. And it’s surprisingly easier to recreate than it looks!
“This look is a bit futuristic in a way,” says Guido. “very simple, with an exposed forehead. I’m using Guts 10 at the crown, spraying it into the hair and blasting it back with a dryer. We’re using quite a bit of Forceful 23 for a strong hold and to achieve a half-wet, half-dry effect. This look makes me think of a girl who has just gotten out of a pool and who has combed their hair back. We’ve got a little bit of movement and natural texture in their length, sometimes adding a little bit more with an iron. For some girls, I’ve also added a little bit of Wind Blown 05 in the length for added texture. For Loewe, I really think it’s the designer’s interpretation of today’s modern woman.”
GET THE LOOK:
- Start with fresh, clean hair.
- Brush the hair back using fingertips, removing the part.
- Apply Redken Guts 10 Volume Spray Foam evenly throughout the top half of the head for added hold and volume.
- Blow-dry the hair with a round brush to keep the hair smooth and clean.
- With naturally straight hair, use a curling iron to add random curls, waves and texture into the length.
- Spray top of head (from earline to crown) with a heavy amount of Redken Forceful 23 Super Strength Hairspray until it’s wet.
- Use a wide tooth comb in straight lines, towards the back of the head (stopping at the ear line) so that the wide tooth comb lines are intentionally left behind for a rich, chic look.
- Clip the hair back while the hairspray is drying and setting.
- Once the hair has fully set, remove the hairclips.
- Spray Redken Wind Blown 05 into the length for added texture and volume.
Is this a look you’d rock IRL? Let us know in the comments below!