We’ve seen everything from sophisticated twisted buns, to desert braids from Mane Master James Pecis at NYFW this year, and his loose, feminine tucked braid for J Mendel is just another stroke of genius for the celebrity stylist.
The Spring and Summer 2016 presentation takes its inspiration from Japanese paintings and print-making, both created by a delicate, handmade process. The sorbet-colored collection features light, airy, super-feminine designs, which are perfectly paired with Pecis’ polished, breezy braid. James explains how to recreate the look for Beauty.com using PHYTO below… GET THE LOOK:
- Prep hair with PHYTO Phytovolume Actif Volumizing Spray. Work in from root to ends
- Curl with a 1 1/2″ curling iron and part hair slightly off to the left
- Apply PHYTO Phyto Professional Matte Texturizing Paste from root to ends to create separation
- Start a very loose braid from the crown down, adding hair as you go. Braid to end then secure with an elastic
- Roll braid up inside and pin. Secure with bobby pins
- Finish with PHYTO Phytolaque Soie Light Hold Hairspray
We can’t wait to experiment with this carefree, chic braid!
What do you think of this super feminine style??