We’re calling it–get ready to see street style stars and beauty enthusiasts alike rocking chokers around their hair, as seen on Jonathan Simkhai’s fall 2018 show. TRESemme NYFW Stylist and all around hair legend Odile Gilbert was inspired by chokers, and drummed up the idea of wrapping super thin elastics that she flew in from Paris to tie around the models’ necks and hair for an unexpected take on the choker trend.
“I was inspired by the idea of a choker but wanted to work it into the hair style for an edgy twist on the look,” Odile tells us backstage, “and it doesn’t even have to be an elastic for the everyday girl, it could even be a piece of jewelry or scarf.” We can’t wait to test drive this look ourselves–what do you think? Scroll down for the full breakdown on how to recreate the look.
Get the Look:
- Step 1: Wash and prep hair with the TRESemmé Keratin Smooth Shampoo and Conditioner for a smooth finish.
- Step 2: Apply a small amount of the NEW TRESemmé Thick & Full Balm to damp hair from roots to ends.
- Step 3: Generously spray the TRESemmé Repair & Protect 7 Pre-Styling Spray to prep hair and the TRESemmé Keratin Smooth Heat Protect Spray to prevent damage.
- Step 4: Blow dry hair and curl the bottom with a curling iron to give nature texture. Separate the curls with your fingers and spray with TRESemmé Volumizing Dry Shampoo to create more texture.
- Step 5: Spray the NEW TRESemmé Compressed Micro-Mist Hair Spray Hold Level 2: Smooth all over, using your hands to smooth the top part of your hair and hold the style in place without stiffness.
- Step 6: For an edgy finish tie a thin piece of elastic around your neck.