Get ready to embrace the great outdoors, because Creatures of Comfort delivered camping at its finest for Fall Winter 2017. But you won’t see any flannels here–this collection was all about glamour while still paying homage to the wilderness, aka “glamping” which is way more our speed. Think sumptuous velvet maxi dresses, sweaters worn as scarves, gorgeous pastel outerwear and beautiful, tousled braids and waves to match.
TRESemmé’s new global hairstylist and Mane Addicts alum Justine Marjan created the look which perfectly echoed the essence of the collection: whimsical braids and undone waves. Justine–who tends to the tresses of celebs like Khloe Kardashian, Kerry Washington, and Olivia Culpo–was recently tapped as the global stylist for TRESemmé , and is working alongside Odile Gilbert and Holli Smith to key TRESemmé’s fashion week line up. “I am thrilled to be partnering with TRESemmé, a brand created by a woman to give women around the world the confidence to put their best look forward,” said Marjan.
For models with longer hair, Justine created bohemian braids that are perfectly undone. “This braid was inspired by the effortlessness of the girl outdoors with a feminine influence from the velvet textures and rich fabrics in the clothes. Her hair looks windswept and a little slept on for a whimsical, ethereal quality.”
And for the short-haired gals, Justine embraced their natural waves and curls by enhancing them with TRESemmé’s firm-hold mousse and then diffusing the hair with a GHD North America blowdryer. After that, she used a GHD flat iron to create cool-girl “S” waves for that lived-in look. For a step-by-step guide, check out the how-to below!
GET THE LOOK:
- Start by washing hair with TRESemmé Repair & Protect Shampoo and Conditioner to protect hair against breakage
- Create a center part and apply TRESemmé Extra Firm Control Mousse all over from root to tip, and work product throughout hair using your fingers
- Take sections of hair into your hands and fold them up, 3 inches at a time until it hits your scalp. Blow dry each section with a ghd blowdryer using hot air to lock in the style, then cold air to seal it
- Define the textured waves by using a ghd platinum flatiron to create an ‘S’ shape with various pieces of hair throughout the head
- Spray roots with TRESemmé Fresh Start Basic Care Dry Shampoo for a matte, lived-in finish
- Separate the front piece of hair on each side of the part and gather the remaining section to create a loose braid leaving the front pieces out for a slept-in look. Secure the braid with bobby pins leaving out 1-3 inches at the end for effortlessness
- Complete the look by spraying TRESemmé TRES Two Firm Control Hairspray all over to keep hair in place
Be sure to follow @JustineMarjan for more #manespiration
SHOP THIS STORY