When WeWoreWhat‘s Danielle Bernstein stopped by OUAI Headquarters, our Editorial Director Justine Marjan (braid-boss behind Kim Kardashian’s cornrows) whipped up a blinged-out inside-out French braid just in time for ‘chella. Watch the step-by-step video below, then follow Justine’s steps to recreate the festival-af look on yourself.
GET THE LOOK: HEAVY METAL BRAID
- Prep hair with OUAI Wave Spray then blowdried it in with a Harry Josh Pro Tools Blowdryer to give the hair a piecey texture.
- Use a rat tail comb to create a deep side part.
- If your hair is super smooth, prep strands by spraying OUAI Dry Texturizing Spray over the section you are about to braid.
- Starting at the hairline, create an inside out 3-strand braid, adding hair with each section as you braid down the hair.
- When you get to the nape of the neck, criss cross two bobby pins to the scalp to secure. NOTE: The ridged side of the bobby pin lays against the head.
- Use OUAI Dry Shampoo over the braid to give the hair a matte finish, then use your fingers to detail.
- Use metal rings (we used hoop earrings from H&M) to loop over random sections of the braid.