4 Simple Steps to Recreate Justine Skye’s Braid
Latest posts by Kadia Blagrove (see all)
- How to: 7 Steps to the Perfect Twist Out - May 7, 2019
- 4 DIY Natural Hair Cleansers to Try Instead of Shampoo - April 14, 2019
- How to Make Your Own Hair Gel with Flaxseed - January 21, 2019
Justine Skye attended the MTV Video Music Awards wearing a sparkly, colorful fringe ensemble and a beautiful fishtail french braid. Her purple mane was styled by Dark and Lovely Style Squad member and celebrity stylist, Derick Monroe. See below for Monroe’s step-by-step guide on how to recreate the Purple Unicorn’s VMA look.
Get the Look:
- Prep hair with Dark and Lovely Au Naturale Length Retention Nice & Neat Braiding Custard. This custard keeps braided styles neat and moisturized while also providing a light hold.
- Brush all the hair back, then gather a chunk of hair at the top of the head. Derick separated it into two halves, holding the left section in his left hand and the right in his right hand.
- Begin the fishtail by taking a few strands from the left section, crossing it over and tucking it under right half section, so that it is now being held in his right hand. Repeat on the opposite side and working down the length of the hair.
- To finish, use Dark and Lovely Au Naturale Length Retention Tame and Strengthen Edge Saver to smooth the hair around the hairline.
For another 2016 MTV VMA hair tutorial, click here!